Restless legs syndrome and its treatment
Restless legs syndrome is a condition that causes you an uncontrollable urge to move your legs, usually due to an uncomfortable feeling. Leg Spasms usually occurs in the afternoon or evening when you are sitting or lying down. The movement temporarily relieves the unpleasant sensation. So Restless Leg Treatment is must to make life easy.
Restless legs syndrome, which is now called "restless legs syndrome can start at any age and usually gets worse over time. It can create problem in Legs Moving at Night, which interferes with your daily activities.
Some simple steps of self-care and changes in lifestyle can help. There are also Treatment For Restless Leg Syndrome that help many people with restless legs syndrome.
The main symptom is the need to move the legs. The frequent features that accompany restless legs syndrome include the following:
- Sensations that begin after rest. Typically, the sensation begins after lying down or sitting for long periods of time.
- Relief when moving. The feeling of restless legs syndrome decreases with movement (for example, stretching, shaking the legs, walking or Leg twitching).
- Symptoms get worse at night. Symptoms appear mainly at night.
- Spasms in the legs at night. Restless legs syndrome may be associated with another more frequent condition called "periodic movement of the extremities during sleep," which causes the legs to shake and spasm, possibly throughout the night as you sleep.
People often describe the Leg Spasm as abnormal and unpleasant sensations in the legs or feet. These sensations are commonly experienced on both sides of the body. Less frequently, these sensations occur in the arms.
The sensations, which usually occur more inside the limb than on the skin, are described as:
- Involuntarily Leg Movement
Sometimes, the sensations are difficult to explain. Affected people do not usually describe the condition as muscle cramps or numbness. However, it is often described as an intense desire to move the legs.
It is common for symptoms to vary in intensity. Sometimes, the symptoms disappear for a while and then return.
Restless Leg Causes
In general, Restless Leg Causes is unknown. The researchers suspect that the condition may be due to an imbalance of dopamine, a chemical in the brain that sends messages to control the movement of muscles.
Sometimes restless legs syndrome is hereditary, especially if the condition begins before age 40. Researchers have identified sites on chromosomes where the genes that cause restless leg syndrome may be present.
Pregnancy or hormonal changes can temporarily worsen the signs and symptoms of restless legs syndrome. Some women get this syndrome for the first time during pregnancy, especially during the last trimester. However, the signs and symptoms usually disappear after delivery.
Restless legs syndrome can manifest itself at any age, even during childhood. The disorder is more frequent as the age advances and is more frequent in women than in men.